We love lamb here at Burrell School, and are delighted to have March arriving like one! Should go great with our newly released 2008 Principal’s Choice Pinot Noir. Come taste for yourself. You know what they say: If March comes in like a lamb, it leaves like a lion. We’re certainly hoping for some rain after all this summery weather.
March is the official month of Pinot Paradise here in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Burrell School will be part of the new Winemaker Dinner at The Mountain Winery on Friday, March 22, and will once more be a stop along the Pathway to Pinot Paradise on Saturday, followed by a Winemaker Dinner at Shadowbrook on March 23. Sunday, March 24, brings The Grand Cruz Tasting of Pinot Paradise at Villa Ragusa in Campbell. Meanwhile, we have lots of other activities going on, including a detour for barrel tasting and futures sales for our wine club members and a tip of the hat to Saint Paddy on his day.
- March 2nd and 3rd—Barrel tasting and futures sales for our LRC members
- March 9th and 10th—Barrel tasting and futures sales for our Sippers Club members
- March 16th and 17th—Barrel tasting and futures sales for Sippers Club
- March 17th—Saint Patrick’s Day. The Burrell School leprechauns will have some surprises for everyone! Wear green and celebrate!
- March 23rd and 24th—Barrel tasting and futures sales for Sippers Club, along with Pathway to Pinot Paradise and the Grand Cruz Tasting for Pinot Paradise on Sunday, March 24.
- March 31st—Easter Sunday. The tasting room is closed.
- New Vintages at the Schoolhouse
Visit us in the tasting room in March for tastes of our 2008 Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc and Syrah.
Join us for a weekend long event highlighting the heavenly Pinot Noirs from the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- March 22nd at The Mountain Winery in Saratoga for Technical Sessions and Meet the Winemaker reception.
- March 22nd, Winemaker Dinner at The Mountain Winery
- March 23rd, Pathway to Pinot Paradise at Burrell School Vineyards and other participating wineries.
- March 23rd, Winemaker Dinner at Shadowbrook Restaurant in Capitola
- March 24th, Villa Ragusa in historic downtown Campbell
12 to 2pm, VIP Grand Cruz tasting
2 to 5pm, Grand Cruz wine and food tasting
For more information, go to www.scmwa.com
Tickets to all events may be purchased here at the winery from Katarina. Don’t delay and miss out!
Hope to see you in Paradise!